1. Who's eligible?
Frontiers is open to students enrolled in the Rankin County School District from Kindergarten through the Sixth grade (or whose chronological age is 12 years as of September 1 of that school year).
2. How do I enroll my child in Frontiers?
Enrollment is taken at the school site during site hours; call the Frontiers office at 601-825-9714 for the Site Coordinator's cell phone number. You may contact the Frontiers office to find out if space is available and set up a time to complete the Parent Contract and pay the $25 registration fee. During the summer, all enrollment is done at the Frontiers Administrative Office, 135 S. College Street, in Brandon, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
3. Is Frontiers open on school holidays?
No, Frontiers is not open on school holidays, including being closed for the summer. Frontiers also is closed all day on the two reduced days--Friday, December 18, and the last day of school, Friday, May 20.
4. Can my child bring a friend to Frontiers for an afternoon?
No, only those children enrolled in Frontiers may attend the program.
5. What if my child is absent from school or attended school but will not be at Frontiers?
Frontiers students listed on the school's daily absentee report will be considered absent from Frontiers as well. If your child will be in school but not attend Frontiers that afternoon for any reason (such as riding the bus home, dental appointments, etc.), you MUST contact the Frontiers Site Coordinator as well as the regular school officials. Frontiers will not receive notes to the teacher or phone calls to the regular school office. Repeated failure to follow this policy may result in dismissal from Frontiers. Our first concern is the safety and whereabouts of your child. Appropriate phone numbers are listed on the back of your Frontier's Handbook or you can Visit a Site for that information.
6. What if my child needs medication during the afternoon?
Frontiers can only administer medications with a current completed and signed Medication Release Form on file with the site. Prescription and over-the-counter medications MUST be in original container with written dosage information from medical personnel. We will only accept one week's worth of prescription medication at a time. We cannot accept any medication that must be refrigerated. Remember that children are not allowed to carry any medications--except an asthma inhaler --per Rankin County School District Board policy. NOTE: If a child's contract indicates the need for Epipen in an emergency, that child will NOT be allowed to attend until Frontiers has an Epipen in its possession.
7. Do I have to pay full tuition each month of the school year, even August, December, and May?
Yes, tuition is prorated for the year. Every hour your child will attend as a full-time Frontiers participant has been calculated and divided so that you pay the same amount monthly.
8. When and where do I pay my child's tuition?
Tuition is due the first school day of the month. You may pay at your child's site on that day. Families with children at different schools must pay tuition at each individual school. There is a $40 late fee for tuition not paid on time and the child(ren) will be suspended until the account is clear. See tuition schedule in your Parent Handbook and at the Tuition Schedule link on this site. NOTE: Tuition may be paid by bank draft; see Tuition and Fees page for details.
9. Is there a price break if I have more than one child in the program?
Tuition is based on a per child cost; therefore, there are no price breaks for multiple children in a family.
10. Do I have to sign my child out from Frontiers every day?Yes. Each child will be checked in daily by the Site Coordinator/Instructors. Children are to come to the site area as soon as school is dismissed. Parents must sign the attendance sheet and make contact with a staff person when picking up students each day.
11. Who can pick up my child from Frontiers?
Children will ONLY be released to those individuals on the release authorization portion of the Parent Contract. Be sure to include those individuals that need to pick up your child for art, dance, music, soccer, baseball, and so forth. If a child is to be released to anyone other than persons listed, a note authorizing pick-up must be received prior to pick-up time. In case of last minute changes, a phone call may be acceptable in an emergency situation. It is the responsibility of the parent to add or delete names from the authorized pick-up portion of the Parent Contract as circumstances change during the school year.
12. Can my child bring items from home to play with during Frontiers time?No. Frontiers has an extensive enrichment curriculum plus games and other planned activities to occupy the students' time. Please do not allow students to bring cell phones, iPods, MP3 players, DS, trading cards, and similar items to Frontiers. Students will be required to keep these in their book bags or the Site coordinator will hold them until pick-up. Frontiers is not responsible for loss or damage to items such as these.
13. Can my child go to Frontiers at another school if there is no site at my child's school?
No. Frontiers is only available to students enrolled in RCSD and are only eligible to attend the site in their current school.
Copies of legal documentation must be on file at the Frontiers site for legal guardianship and to enforce court ordered custody restrictions. These documents must be provided each year.
Anyone not known to Frontiers staff MUST show photo identification before a child will be released.