Our Mission Statement:
Pelahatchie High School challenges students in a solid educational environment of academics, applied technology, extracurricular activities, and community service. Students develop empowerment skills through independent thinking, problem solving, and team-building opportunities.
Pelahatchie High School is located in eastern Rankin County in the town of Pelahatchie. Grades 7 – 12 are served with an enrollment of 365 students. The staff consists of 35 certified educators as well as 22 classified support personnel. Fifty percent of the certified staff have earned advanced degrees, and three teachers are National Board Certified.
- 2013 - 2015 High Performing School
- 2013 National Silver Metal School
- 2012, 2013, 2015 National Bronze Metal School
- 2010 Distinguished Title I School
- Energy Star School
- 13 PREPS Value Added Awards
- Tech-Prep Site
- MDE High School Redesign Initiative Participant
Because Pelahatchie High School has a school-wide Title I program, the school receives federal funding that provides technology, curriculum supplies, and parenting resources.
- To approach each day with a servant's heart; - The definition of a servant is someone who will do anything for you and you for them - with the utmost selflessness, respect, integrity, trust and loyalty.
- To develop and instill a culture of literacy within our classrooms as well as in our homes;
- To maintain a professional attitude - of preparedness for EVERY class, high work ethic, accountability, and active professional learning to maintain high standards for ourselves as teachers and for our students;
- Be future-minded in teaching - not just preparing students for today, but what they can become in the future. This includes developing a student to his/her fullest potential in every facet - socially, educationally, and in extra-curricular activities.
- Honor - the ultimate authority in the classroom is the teacher. There is a fine balance between firm but understanding. The more we care for students, the more students will begin to honor us. Students will do more to please us because they do not want to disappoint us.
5:00 PM JH Basketball @ Puckett
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Soccer vs Raymond AT NORTHWEST
6:00 PM HS Basketball vs Forest
5:00 PM JH Basketball vs McLaurin
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Soccer vs Jim Hill