Welcome to RCSD!
Welcome to the Rankin County School District! As the third largest school district in the State of Mississippi, we are home to nearly 19,500 students and 3,000 employees! We are made up of eight diverse and supportive communities that house our 28 schools. These communities are Brandon, Florence, McLaurin, Northwest Rankin in Flowood, Pelahatchie, Pisgah, Puckett, and Richland.
Our VISION, as a district, is to continue our tradition of excellence by providing a world-class education that empowers all to grow through curiosity, discovery, and learning
At the RCSD, we are on a MISSION to “Bring Everyone’s Strengths Together”! We all intentionally focus on empowering our students to reach their maximum potential by embracing opportunities and challenges while cultivating a tradition of excellence in education!
Did you know?
- In 2017, our county passed the largest bond issue in the state of Mississippi, with 73.8% "yes" vote!
- We have 28 career academies across 8 zones including sports medicine, firefighting, engineering, ag science, teacher, and business. With the success of the bond issue, we will be adding 30 additional academies in the future! (academy video)
- The Rankin County School District consistently has a graduation rate above the State Graduation Rate!
- For the 2016 – 2017 school year our “Third Grade Reading Gate” pass rate was 94.9%, which is above the state pass rate of 92%!
- Over 90% of the Class of 2017 received scholarships!
- 25% of the Class of 2017 graduated with one semester of college completed!
- 2% of the Class of 2017 left high school with enough college hours to be classified as a college sophomore!