Welcome to RCSD!
Welcome to the Rankin County School District! As the third largest school district in the State of Mississippi, we are home to nearly 19,500 students and 3,000 employees! We are made up of eight diverse and supportive communities that house our 28 schools. These communities are Brandon, Florence, McLaurin, Northwest Rankin in Flowood, Pelahatchie, Pisgah, Puckett, and Richland.
Our VISION, as a district, is to continue our tradition of excellence by providing a world-class education that empowers all to grow through curiosity, discovery, and learning
At the RCSD, we are on a MISSION to “Bring Everyone’s Strengths Together”! We all intentionally focus on empowering our students to reach their maximum potential by embracing opportunities and challenges while cultivating a tradition of excellence in education!
Did you know?
- The Rankin County School District is in the midst of upgrading all 28 of our schools!
- We have 28 career academies across 8 zones including sports medicine, firefighting, engineering, ag science, teacher, and business. With the success of the bond issue, we will be adding 30 additional academies in the future! (academy video)
- The Rankin County School District consistently has a graduation rate above the State Graduation Rate!
- For the 2017 – 2018 school year our “Third Grade Reading Gate” pass rate was 97.7%, which is above the state pass rate of 93.2%!
- The Class of 2018 earned over $40 million in scholarships!
- Nearly 300 RCSD students scored a 28 or higher on the ACT!
- The RCSD's total enrollment in dual credit courses increased by more than 18% from 2017 to 2018.
- The number of RCSD seniors leaving high school with at least 12 college credits grew by 3% from 2017 to 2018.
- Brandon Middle School, Florence Middle School, and Northwest Rankin Middle School tied for 1st in the state in Algebra I with 100% proficient and advanced.
- The RCSD's US History proficiency average is 16 points above the state average!
- RCSD fourth grade ELA students increased performance from 40% proficiency in 2017 to 62% proficiency in 2018.
- RCSD third grade student growth increased from 61% in 2017 to 80% in 2018!