The safety of our students and staff is our priority. We will provide updates and resources in an effort to help families reduce the risk in their home and community.
Messages to the Community
Governor Tate Reeves announced on Facebook Live that he will close all public schools in Mississippi until April 17, 2020 in an effort to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). http://ow.ly/HgtP50yQvQs#RCSDg2b#traditionofexcellence
Internet Discounts for COVID-19
- Free access to its public WiFi hot spots.
- Suspending the termination of wireless, home phone or broadband service when, customers can't pay their bills because of coronavirus disruptions. They will also be waiving related fees.
- Consumer home internet customers will receive unlimited data.
- Offering free wireless data for approved learning sites for K-12 students.
- Working with customers impacted by COVID-19 on an individual basis to ensure they have access to the services they need.
- Offering a number of discounted services including a telehealth app that allows patients to contact clinicians at UMMC for nonemergency conditions.
- Tools your team needs to work from home.
- Free access to its public WiFi hot spots for 60 days.
- Unlimited data to its customers for no extra charge.
- Will not disconnect Internet service or charge late fees for customers who say they can't pay their bills.
- Providing 60 days of free basic internet service to new customers.
- 60 days unlimited smartphone data.
- 20GB of additional mobile hotspot service.
Other companies offering free or reduced rate services:
Disclaimer: RCSD does not recommend ally specific service, but is providing a list of possible options available to assist our communities.
Updates from Superintendent Dr. Sue Townsend.
Pre-Kindergarten registration opened February 3rd and was scheduled to close on March 20th; however, due to COVID-19 pre-kindergarten registration has been postponed until further notice. More details and information will be available soon. Please visit our website frequently for updates. #RCSDg2b #traditionofexcellence
BEST - Bringing Everyone's Strengths Together
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - [updated 3/15/20 5:35pm] The Rankin County School District has extended Spring Break for two weeks. All schools [and Frontiers] will be closed Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27 per the recommendation of Governor Tate Reeves. As a result, March's tuition will be prorated to $10 per school day in March (regardless of your child's attendance on these days, as such applies to general tuition). The remainder of March's tuition will be credited towards tuition when we return. We will not "bank draft" tuition until further notice. Thank you for allowing us to serve you!