Smart Restart Update 08/26/2020
As planned, ALL schools will move to the Enhanced Traditional scenario (Pre-K-12th grades) on Monday, August 31, 2020. (Those students who chose the CHOICE option will continue virtual learning.)
We thank you for your continued support and understanding during these challenging times.
See excerpt below from the RCSD 20/21 Smart Restart Plan:
DESCRIPTION: ENHANCED TRADITIONAL SCENARIO
(***Enhanced traditional will now begin on Monday, August 31, 2020.)
Again, we will begin the school year on Monday, August 10, 2020 in an enhanced traditional model for the 2020 / 2021 school year. However, everyone must be prepared for all three potential scenarios (enhanced traditional, hybrid, full distance learning) to be utilized during the school year, as needed. Please begin creating a family plan for how you will adjust if we have to move in and out of the various scenarios.
Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade students will attend school in a traditional model every day with as much social distancing as practical, enhanced hygiene/disinfection protocols, and scheduling modifications as determined by state and local officials and/or Governor’s Executive Order. Modifications will include the following:
- Daily screening protocols
- Transportation adjustments
- Adjustments to campus arrival/dismissal procedures.
- Student transition modifications
- Routine disinfection protocols
- Limited gatherings in school buildings to achieve social distancing guidelines
- Adjustments for serving meals
- Limited access to school campuses for visitors/guests/ vendors/parents, including mealtime
- Suspension of the policy and/or procedures for exam exemption for attendance and for perfect attendance awards
- Encouraging teachers to eat lunch or teach class outside when practical
NOTE: Social distancing will be a challenge in many building situations with the enhanced traditional school model. RCSD has a limited number of buses, limited square footage in classrooms, and other related obstacles. Social distancing will be maintained to the greatest extent possible, and strategies will be implemented by school officials based on the feasibility related to the varied space availability at each school.