Counseling & Student Support Services
Welcome to the Rankin County School District's Counseling/ Student Support Services website!
Our department includes:
All Components of School Counseling
General Education Student Behavior Intervention/ MTSS
The Rankin County Juvenile Detention Center - Education Component
RCSD School Nurses
General Education Homebound Services
Homeschool / Placement Testing
Crisis Response & Counseling
PBIS & Positive Behavior Interventions
Counseling & Student Support Services Mission Statement
The mission of the Rankin County School District is to prepare every student with the cognitive and social skills necessary to be productive members of an ever-changing global society. The district’s counseling program provides a unified and compassionate foundation upon which the counseling program addresses each student’s academic, personal, social, emotional and career needs.
Beliefs of RCSD Counseling Program
Collaboration with all stakeholders is key to the success of the school counseling program.
- All students have the right to a safe and orderly school environment.
- All students deserve to be surrounded by an environment of high expectations.
- All students are treated with dignity and respect.
- All students participate in the school counseling program which is administered by a state certified and licensed school counselor.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling programs.
- School counseling program planning and decision making are data driven through an ongoing review of service delivery, curriculum management, and ASCA model data reports.
- The school counselor shall abide by the professional ASCA Code of Ethics.
Counseling Program Vision Statement
The vision of every Rankin County School District counselor is to ensure that every student reaches his or her maximum personal and academic potential.