Frequently Asked Questions

Who's eligible?

Frontiers is open to students enrolled in the Rankin County School District from Kindergarten through the Sixth grade (or whose chronological age is 12 years as of September 1 of that school year).

How do I register my child for Frontiers?

Enrollment is taken at the school site during site hours; you may click here for  specific site contact information and complete the Parent Contract at the site when you register. A $25 registration fee and completed Parent Contract is required for your child to be considered enrolled in Frontiers. (During the summer, enrollment is done at the Frontiers Administrative Office, 135 S. College Street, in Brandon, Monday through Friday during regular business hours according to site availability. You must register for Frontiers annually. Enrollment does not "rollover" to the next school year.)

Is Frontiers open on school holidays?

No, Frontiers operates on the school calendar so student holidays apply to our program. Frontiers also is closed all day on the early dismissal/"half" days. The monthly tuition rate remains the same regardless of holidays and student attendance.

Can my child bring a friend to Frontiers for an afternoon?

No, only those children enrolled in Frontiers may attend.

What if my child is absent from Frontiers?

Frontiers students listed on the school's absentee report will be considered absent from Frontiers as well. If your child attends school but does not attend Frontiers that afternoon for any reason (such as riding the bus home, dental appointments, etc.), you MUST contact the Frontiers Site Coordinator as well as the regular school officials. Frontiers does not always receive notes sent to teachers or phone calls made to the school office. Repeated failure to follow this policy may result in dismissal from Frontiers. Our first concern is the safety and whereabouts of your child. Appropriate phone numbers are here and are also listed on the back of your Frontiers Parent Handbook.

What if my child needs medication during Frontiers?

Frontiers can only administer medications with a current, completed, and signed Medication Authorization Form on file. Prescription and over-the-counter medications MUST be in original container with written dosage information from medical personnel. We will only accept one week's worth of prescription medication at a time. We cannot accept any medication that must be refrigerated. Remember that children are not allowed to carry any medications--except an asthma inhaler and EpiPen--per Rankin County School District Board policy. NOTE: If a child's contract indicates the need for EpiPen, that child will NOT be allowed to attend until Frontiers has an EpiPen in its possession. We do not have access to EpiPens in the school office during Frontiers time. 

Do I have to pay full tuition even if students are out for extended holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break?

Yes. Every hour students are in our care has been calculated and divided so that you pay the same amount monthly. All registered students are enrolled as full-time students. We do not offer part-time student enrollment or "drop-ins."

When and where do I pay my child's tuition?

Tuition is due the first school day of the month and is payable at site when you pick up. Families with children at different schools must pay tuition at each individual school. There is a $40 late fee for tuition not paid on time and the child(ren) will be suspended until the account is clear. Refer to the tuition payment schedule in your Parent Handbook or click hereNOTE: Tuition may be paid by bank draft; see Tuition and Fees page for details.

Is there a price break if I have more than one child in the program?

Tuition is based on a per child, per day cost; therefore, there are no price breaks for multiple children in a family.

Do I have to sign my child out from Frontiers every day?

Yes. Each child will be checked in daily by the Site Coordinator/Instructors. Parents must sign the attendance sheet each day when they pick up.

Who can pick up my child from Frontiers?

Children will ONLY be released to those individuals listed on the Parent Contract. Be sure to include those individuals that need to pick up your child for art, dance, music, soccer, baseball, and so forth. If a child is to be released to anyone other than persons listed, a note authorizing pick-up must be received prior to pick-up time. In case of last minute changes, a phone call may be acceptable in an emergency situation. It is the responsibility of the parent to update the contract as needed, i.e. change of cell numbers, new job, mailing address, etc. and to also add or delete authorized pick-up persons as circumstances change during the school year. Copies of legal documentation must be on file at the Frontiers site for legal guardianship and to enforce court ordered custody restrictions. These documents must be provided each year. 

Can my child bring items from home to play with during Frontiers time?

No. Frontiers has an extensive enrichment curriculum that includes games and other planned activities to occupy the students' time. Please do not allow students to bring cell phones, iPads, Apple watches, trading cards, and/or similar items to Frontiers. Students will be required to keep these in their book bags or the Site Coordinator will hold them until pick-up. Frontiers is not responsible for loss or damage to items such as these.

Can my child go to Frontiers at another school if there is no Frontiers site at my child's school?

No. Frontiers only serves Rankin County School District. There is an annual minimum registration requirement of 35 students to offer a Frontiers site at our elementary schools. If a Frontiers site does not "make" for your child's school, unfortunately, they cannot attend Frontiers at other sites. 


Copies of legal documentation must be on file at the Frontiers site for legal guardianship and to enforce court ordered custody restrictions. These documents must be provided each year.

For your child's safety, anyone not known to Frontiers staff MUST show photo identification before your child will be released.