Parents should understand that Frontiers is not a tutoring program; sites are staffed to work with students in a group setting and, therefore, cannot devote one-on-one homework assistance to each child. We will provide the time and setting that is conducive for students to do their homework. Because of the school setting, we find that most children do well and have little problem with homework completion. Time limits for homework sessions will be set according to age/grade level appropriateness.
Frontiers is not responsible for checking homework or guaranteeing that homework is complete or correct.
- Staff members will only provide assistance in the form of clarification of instructions and supervision. It's our goal to encourage the children to stay on task and work productively so that, hopefully, at the end of the homework session their work will be complete.
- Parents are encouraged to check homework each night for accuracy, neatness, and completion.
Frontiers staff are not allowed to go through children's back packs to check for homework assignments/planners.
- The homework column of the Sign In/Out sheet indicates whether your child stated that he or she had homework or not. Please check this column as you sign out each day and help your child to be accountable in the accuracy of this area.
- Students are responsible for having their planner and checking for homework assignments.
- Staff, nor students, are allowed to return to classroom for forgotten materials; this is a school policy. Students are responsible for bringing assignment pads and all necessary materials for successful homework completion.
Students who do not have homework will be redirected to other supervised, quiet activities as not to interrupt other students during homework time.
- Students who do not have homework may be redirected to activities such as puzzles, reading or drawing independently, games, etc.