Parents should understand that Frontiers is not a tutoring program; sites are staffed to work with students in a group setting and, therefore, cannot devote one-on-one homework assistance to each child.
- Frontiers will provide the time and setting that is conducive for students to do their homework.
- Because of the school setting, we find that most children do well and have little problem with homework completion.
- Time limits for homework sessions will be set according to age/grade level appropriateness.
- Staff members will only provide assistance in the form of clarification of instructions and supervision. It's our goal to encourage the children to stay on task and work productively so that, hopefully, at the end of the homework session their work will be complete.
- Frontiers is not responsible for checking homework or guaranteeing that homework is correct. Parents are encouraged to check homework each night for accuracy, neatness, and completeness.
- Frontiers staff are not allowed to go through children's back packs to check for homework assignments/planners.
- Students are responsible for bringing assignment pads and all necessary materials for successful homework completion.
- Students are responsible for having their planner and checking for homework assignments. Please help your child to be responsible in this area.
- Staff, nor students, are allowed to return to classroom for forgotten materials; this is a school policy.
- Please check the homework column of the Sign In/Out sheet daily as you sign your child out from Frontiers. This column indicates whether your child stated that he or she had homework or not. Again, we cannot check back packs or planners. Please help hold your child accountable in the accuracy of this area.