Our first and primary concern is the safety of all children in our care. To help us with this, we ask that you respect the following rules at all Frontiers sites. Failure to do so may result in dismissal.
· Use only the designated parking lots and doors. Understand that DOORS MUST REMAIN LOCKED.
· Sign your child out each day, using a full signature and the time of pick-up. Always make contact with a staff person.
· Stay at the sign-in table area. DO NOT go beyond the sign in table, to the playgrounds, etc. Your child(ren) will be called to come to you.
· No one is allowed to return to the classrooms.
· If your child is checked out of school, you must contact the Site Coordinator. Frontiers does NOT receive notes sent to your child's teacher or notice of phone calls made to the school office.
· Bring photo identification in each day until our staff has time to become familiar with our parents. Anyone who may pick up know will also need photo identification. Authorized pick-up persons listed on your Parent Contract may be changed or altered at any time. Pick-up procedures will be strictly followed--NO EXCEPTIONS.
· Suspect Child Abuse/Neglect: Frontiers must fully comply with all child abuse reporting laws. If any Frontiers employee knows or has reasonable cause to suspect that a child has been subjected to abuse or neglect (in any form), he or she must lawfully report it. Reports of abuse or neglect are confidential. Our responsibility is to report suspicions of abuse or neglect not to prove that the child is indeed being abused or neglected.
· FULL copies of legal documentation must be on file at the Frontiers site to prove legal guardianship and to enforce court-ordered custody restrictions. Frontiers will strictly follow adjudicated visitation dates but will not be responsible for monitoring these dates. Legal documentation must be provided each new school year with each year's new parent contract. Frontiers does not have access to documentation the school may have.
- Please make changes to your child's Parent Contract during the year as needed--additions or changes in medications, legal documentation, changes in jobs, cell phone numbers, address, pick-up persons, and so forth.
Please be patient and courteous as we do our best to protect your children! Failure to be respectful to Frontiers staff, other parents, and/or property may result in dismissal.
Crisis Management Procedures
All Frontiers staff go through extensive crisis training to best prepare for any possible emergency situation. This training is coordinated with the Rankin County School District plan as well as all fire and law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Such preparedness requires drills to be executed monthly at each site. If you arrive and a drill is in progress, students will not be released until the drill is complete. Please be patient, understanding, and courteous in this event.
In the event of a true emergency or crisis, measures will be taken as deemed appropriate by the Frontiers Director under guidance of school district officials.
Other Important Reminders
- FULL copies of legal documentation MUST be on file at the Frontiers site to prove legal guardianship and enforce court-ordered custody restrictions. These legal documents must be provided each new school year.
- See your Site Coordinator to discuss any medical issues. Proper authorization must be on file to administer any medications. IF your child has a medical problem severe enough to require an EPIPEN, you MUST provide the Frontiers site (not just the school) with an Epipen before your child will be allowed to attend. Frontiers does not have access to EpiPens stored in the school office.
- Please make changes to your child's Parent Contract during the year as needed--additions or changes in medications, changes in jobs, cell phone numbers, address, pick-up persons, and so forth.