Our first and primary concern is the safety of your child. To help us with this, we ask that you respect the following rules at all Frontiers sites:
- Let your child's regular school day teacher know that your child will be attending Frontiers.
- Only enter your Frontiers site by the doors designated by the Site Coordinator. DOORS MUST REMAIN LOCKED. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS AND PATIENT.
- Sign your child out each day, using a full signature and the time of pick-up and stay at the sign-in table area. DO NOT go to the playgrounds or into the areas where the students are. Staff will call your child(ren) to come to you for dismissal.
- No one is allowed to return to the classrooms for any reason; all rooms are locked as a district-wide security requirement.
- Always make contact with a staff person when picking up your child each day.
- If your child attends school but WILL NOT attend Frontiers, contact your Site Coordinator before dismissal time (i.e. car rider, bus rider, early dismissal). Frontiers does NOT receive notes sent to your child's teacher or the school office.
- Bring your photo identification in each day until our staff has time to become familiar with all of our parents. Let anyone who may pick up know they will have to present photo identification. Authorized pick-up procedures will be strictly followed--NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Again, please be patient as we do our best to protect your children!
Frontiers staff go through extensive crisis training to best prepare for any possible emergency situation. This training is coordinated with the district plan as well as all county fire and law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Every Frontiers site will regularly hold security drills. Please be patient if you arrive at your child's site and there is a sign on the door asking you to wait while a drill is in progress. It shouldn't take but a very few minutes, and it is for the safety of everyone at Frontiers.
In the event of a real emergency or crisis, measures will be taken as deemed appropriate.
Other Important Reminders
- FULL copies of legal documentation MUST be on file at the Frontiers site to prove legal guardianship and enforce court-ordered custody restrictions. These legal documents must be provided each new school year.
- See your Site Coordinator to discuss any medical issues. Proper authorization must be on file to administer any medications. IF your child has a medical problem severe enough to require an EPIPEN, you MUST provide the Frontiers site (not just the school) with an Epipen before your child will be allowed to attend. Frontiers does not have access to Epipens stored in the school office.
- Please make changes to your child's Parent Contract during the year as needed--additions or changes in medications, changes in jobs, cell phone numbers, address, pick-up persons, and so forth.