Tuition & Fees
Frontiers is a tuition-based program serving students in Rankin County School District. The tuition charge covers all expenses and is pro-rated to give you the same payment each month of the school year. Every hour your child will attend as a Frontiers participant has been calculated and divided so that you pay the same amount monthly.
REGISTRATION: $25 per child
TUITION: $135 per child, per month
RCSD EMPLOYEE Tuition Rate: $115 per child, per month
- Is due and payable in advance on the first school day of each month.
- Is payable by free bank draft services, cash, money order, or personal check--no business or post-dated checks, please. Due to the additional fees that would be incurred, Frontiers does not accept debit or credit cards at this time.
- Exact amount is required when making cash payments. Any additional cash will be credited towards the next month's tuition.
- A $40 late tuition fee is automatically incurred at 6:01 p.m. on the program clock on the final day tuition is due (see Tuition Payment Schedule) and the child(ren) will be suspended until the account is clear.
- Remains the same regardless of the number of days a child attends and must be paid according to the tuition calendar whether the child is in attendance on the due date or not.
- Payments (other than bank drafts) are made directly to the Site Coordinator at EACH SITE for EACH CHILD attending Frontiers.
- Must be paid, plus the annual registration fee and the Parent Contract completed, before any child may attend Frontiers.
- Should NOT be sent to the school office or with the student; Frontiers/Rankin County School District is not responsible for loss of tuition not received and receipted by Frontiers' staff.
- There will be an automatic $40 fee charged for a declined check. If the check declines due to insufficient funds, a Stop Payment, hold, or the like, the account holder(s) listed on the check will be considered "Cash Only" requiring that tuition be paid via cash, draft, or money order for all subsequent payments; effective for three school years.
- If a declined check is deemed a bank error, the account holder has 3 business days to submit a letter from the bank, on bank letterhead, to waive fees and not be considered "Cash Only."
- Any declined check not paid will be turned over to the Rankin County District Attorney's Office for collection following the required 15-day notice.
The only fees that are charged, other than the $25 registration fee and the regular monthly tuition, are:
- $40 late tuition fee applicable at 6:01 p.m. on the last day tuition is due (see Tuition Payment Schedule);
- $1.00 late pick-up fee (per family/per site) for every minute after 6:00 p.m. for late pick-up of students
- $40 declined item fee for any check or bank draft declined by a financial institution for any reason- unless deemed a bank error;
We offer FREE bank draft services for the monthly tuition to be drafted from any Checking or Savings account. Bank draft forms are available at your local Frontiers site or at the Frontiers Administrative Office in Brandon. The following rules and restrictions apply:
- Bank drafts are only drafted on the 1st business of each month; if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, drafts will be drafted the following business day (Note: January drafts will be submitted January 2).
- Draft forms, which require a voided check, are due to your Site Coordinator or the Frontiers Administrative office by the 15th of the month to be drafted for the following month (if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, draft forms are due the PREVIOUS business day).
- Draft forms must be submitted annually and always begin with September tuition.
- Only tuition fees are drafted-- other amounts, such as registration fees, NSF fees and late pick-up fees must be paid directly to your Site Coordinator.
- Bank draft services can only be stopped and restarted ONCE a year.
- You must contact the Frontiers Office if you'd like a monthly bank draft receipt.
- A $40 fee is incurred for a declined bank draft and cash, check, or money orders will be required for all subsequent payments. If the parent has already been deemed "Cash Only" due to a previous "bad check," cash or money orders will be required for ALL subsequent payments. If a draft declines due to insufficient funds or the like, the account holder(s) will be placed on a "No Draft" list, which is effective for three school years.
- If a declined draft has been deemed a bank error, the account holder has 3 business days to submit a letter from the bank, on bank letterhead, to waive fees and continue to use the bank draft service.
- Any declined draft not paid will be turned over to the Rankin County District Attorney's Office for collection following the required 15-day notice.