Frontiers is a tuition-based program serving students in Rankin County School District. Tuition covers all expenses and payments (other than bank drafts) are made directly to the Site Coordinator at EACH SITE. Tuition is calculated by the number of days on the school calendar, then divided by months, so that the amount remains the same regardless of school holidays or the number of days your child attends.
Tuition is due monthly and payable in advance on the first school day of each month and must be paid, plus the annual registration fee and the Parent Contract completed, before any child may attend Frontiers. Tuition must be paid by the deadline indicated on the tuition calendar whether the child is in attendance on the deadline date or not. Please do NOT send payments to school with your child; Frontiers/Rankin County School District is not responsible for the loss of tuition not received and receipted by Frontiers' staff.
REGISTRATION: $25 per child (due annually; non-refundable, non-transferable)
TUITION: $135 per child, per month
RCSD EMPLOYEE Tuition Rate: $115 per child, per month
- LATE TUITION PAYMENTS: A $40 late tuition fee is automatically incurred at 6:01 p.m. on the site clock on the final day tuition is due (see Tuition Payment Schedule) and the child(ren) will be suspended until the account is clear. School personnel will also be notified of suspensions to make sure you have arranged an alternate pick-up or transportation change for your child(ren).
- LATE PICK- UP FEES: A late charge of $1 per minute, per family, per site, will be assessed (at the Site Coordinator's discretion) beginning at 6:01 p.m. according to the site clock. Late pick up fees are due the same day and must be paid no later than 6:00 p.m. the following day or the child(ren) will be suspended until the account is clear. School personnel will also be notified of suspensions to make sure you have arranged an alternate pick-up or transportation change for your child(ren).
- ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT: free bank draft service, credit/debit card (fees apply), cash, money order, or personal check. The exact amount is required when making cash payments. Any additional cash will be credited towards the next month's tuition. Frontiers does not make change for bills nor do we accept business, post-dated, or out-of-state checks.
BANK DRAFT OPTION
We offer FREE bank draft services for monthly tuition to be drafted from any Checking or Savings account. Registration fees and other fees cannot be drafted. The following rules and restrictions apply:
Bank drafts are only drafted on the 1st business of each month; if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, drafts will be drafted the following business day (Note: January tuition will draft on the first business day of the month regardless of Christmas break).
- Draft forms are available at your local Frontiers site and are due to your Site Coordinator by the 15th day of the month prior to the month you wish to be drafted (if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, draft forms are due the PREVIOUS business day).
- Draft forms must be submitted annually and always begin with September tuition. We do not "roll over" account information.
- Draft forms require a voided check.
- Requests to stop bank drafts must be done so, in writing, by the 15th of the month prior to the month you would like to stop your draft.
- You must contact the Frontiers Office if you'd like a monthly bank draft receipt.
There is a $40 returned item fee for any check or bank draft declined by a financial institution for any reason - unless deemed a bank error.
The face value of the check or draft plus the $40 late fee will be due by 6 p.m. the day following notification from our bank. Once a payment is declined, that form of payment will no longer be accepted for all subsequent payments; effective for three school years. If a declined payment is deemed a bank error, the account holder has 3 business days to submit a letter from the bank, on bank letterhead, to continue form of payment and waive fees. Any returned item not paid by the deadline will result in suspension. School personnel will also be notified of suspensions to make sure you have arranged an alternate pick-up or transportation change for your child(ren).
Unpaid returned items will be turned over to the Rankin County District Attorney's Office for collection following the required 15-day notice.