Welcome to the RCSD Human Resources Department
Welcome to the Human Resources Department of the Rankin County School District!
To find out more about our district visit our zone snapshot. To learn more about the culture of our district and WHY you should consider joining our team, take a few minutes to watch the video below! We hope to hear from you soon!
To see MDE's latest updates regarding the management of your educator license, view our licensure tab.
Recent MDE Licensure Updates Related to COVID-19
Starting Monday, June 15, 2020, the MDE call center will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.to 5 p.m. To reach an MDE staff member, please call 601-359-3513. The Educator Licensure call center will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. You may reach a licensure team member at 601-359-3483. Due to the anticipated high volume of calls, we encourage you to continue to visit the Educator Licensure section of www.mdek12.org/covid19 and
www.mdek12.org/licensure before calling the office or emailing questions to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Answers to most questions we receive are addressed on those webpages.
- Student Teachers - Spring 2020 candidates will be eligible for teaching license (waiving the 12 weeks required student teaching/counting the virtual experience as sufficient).
- Testing requirements for entry to colleges of ed. are being waived through Dec. 31, 2021.
- Alternate route program admission - Candidates have to have 18 hours in the area they are seeking licensure, degree in that area, or they have to have already passed the required test for admission to the alt. route/non-traditional route programs.
- Licensure testing criteria is suspended for all licensure applications until December 31, 2021. A 5 year license will be issued for those who qualify by meeting other standard criteria.
- Licensure Renewal - Anyone with a license that expires June 30, 2020, is eligible for an extension. The process is as follows: Go to MDE's licensure page forms icon: https://www.mdek12.org/
OEL/Forms and click on Licensure Application or get it from the attachment in this email. Don't be confused by the application option on MDE's website titied COVID-19 Extension. This one is for District requests only, so educators who need a license extension/renewal must use the attached form or the first application link on MDE's website.). They will see the regular license application now has a place to check for COVID-19 extension. After completing the form, employees need to upload it as a PDF and attach it to the Correspondence section of their ELMS account. CTE and AP licenses are included in this renewal extension opportunity.
- Local District Requests - Anyone currently employed who Kristi helped get a special non-renewable license for 19-20, is eligible for a one year extension. Contact her and she will be reaching out as well to get these extensions per your recommendation for a 20-21 contract of these employees. They have different steps to take than before if this is their second year, so Kristi will walk them through it.
- Reciprocity licenses - For educators coming to RCSD from out of state, the testing requirements are suspended through Dec. 31, 2021.