The mission of the Office of Educator Licensure is to assist all Mississippi public school educators and prospective educators to obtain and maintain standard certification and licensure and to implement licensure guidelines set by the Certification Commission and State Board of Education. Prospective educators in Mississippi can obtain certification information by clicking the following link to access MDE Licensure Department.
Mississippi Department of Education
Memorandum - Division of Educator Licensure
Dear Education Stakeholder,
The Mississippi Educator Licensure Management System (ELMS) has been updated with new enhancements that include but are not limited to the following:
- Auto-Issuance of Select Licensure Requests: Certain licensure application requests will not require processing by a member of the Educator Licensure Team (e.g. Supplemental endorsement added by Mississippi-approved licensure test, Year-One Emergency Certificate for teacher teaching out of field, Preservice License for select candidates, One-Year Reinstatement of Expired Educator/Administrator License(s), etc.)
- Submission of all local school district request application packets via the Mississippi Local School District’s ELMS Account
- Electronic submission/upload of certain supporting licensure documentation via the applicant’s ELMS account (excludes official transcripts and licensure test score reports – transcripts should continue to be submitted electronically directly from the respective institution and test score reports from testing company)
- View and print documents submitted by applicant via ELMS account
- Access to correspondence(s) sent to the applicant from the Division of Educator Licensure
Video recordings of the recent demonstrations conducted via webinar can be accessed by clicking here. The video recordings will also soon be made accessible in the “Help” section of your ELMS account. Superintendents and officials of eligible nonpublic schools will receive a web link via email for accessing a data collection form. Data collected will be used to setup district-level ELMS account access for up to two representatives which must include the Superintendent/Official of Nonpublic School. All other ELMS users will enter their existing username and password. In preparation for launch of the new features, ELMS will not be accessible to users beginning at 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2019 to 8:00 a.m. Monday, February 4, 2019.
Prospective and practicing educators can begin using the new features Monday, February 4, 2019. Local District Request Applications for school year 2019-2020 should not be completed until March 1 and thereafter. If a request is submitted prior to March 1, a temporary license will be issued for the current school year. Please assist us with disseminating this information to teachers and other education stakeholders who might be interested in taking advantage of these exciting enhancements. Should you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Educator Licensure team at 601-359-3483. As always, we thank you for providing us with the opportunity to serve you.
- Educator Code of Ethics Video
- Code of Ethics Form (PDF)
- Guidelines for Mississippi Educator Licensure K-12
- Advanced Placement Endorsements
- Acceptable Coursework for Core Academic Subject Area Endorsements
- Memorandum - Division of Educator Licensure - ELMS Enhancements to Launch February 2019
- 2019 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Opportunities
- Resource List of Classes and CEU’s for Educator License Renewal
- Praxis Core Assessments General Information Test Preparation Flyer