The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) is urging parents to act now and schedule their child’s age-appropriate immunizations before summer is over. Mississippi state law requires children to be immunized against childhood diseases to enter public or private school, Head Start or daycare.
Make an appointment at the Rankin County Health Department to take your child in for their immunizations.
Parents should bring the child’s social security card and insurance card if available. Parents and children over 2 must wear a mask when entering the county health department clinic.
All immunizations will be by appointment only.
- We are only allowing the child and 1 parent. We are asking that younger siblings be left with a sitter but understand if those arrangements cannot be made.
- Everyone over the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask in the building.
- Covid-19 screening and temperatures will be checked upon entering the building.
- 121 Forms will be given at each appointment.
- 121 Form requests for students that do not need immunizations can be made by calling the RCHD at 601-420-4959. Please make the request at least 4 hours before planning to pick it up. Call upon arriving and we will meet them at the door with their form.
- The RCHD has set aside several days for back to school immunizations. On these days we will only be doing immunizations.
June- 22nd, 25th, 30th
July-2nd, 6th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 27th, 28th, 30th
Rankin County Health Department