New Student Registration Procedures
Open online enrollment for NEW students to the Rankin County School District will begin on July 17, 2020. Any student who did not finish or was not enrolled in a Rankin County School at the end of the 19-20 school year is considered a NEW student.
Parents and Guardians,
We appreciate your patience as we have worked to modify our NEW student enrollment during these unprecedented times. Safety and Efficiency continue to be the driving force behind these new processes.
Please call your child’s school site to verify registration dates and registration processes for turning in your completed enrollment form and required documents. Having a set schedule and process will help limit the number of people on each campus in adherence to current health guidelines.
Please stay home if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, which include a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. We will be glad to discuss other options with you.
You must follow these steps when registering your NEW student.
Only one parent will be allowed on campus or in the school office during the registration process.
- Wear a face covering.
- Bring a pen to use.
- Practice social distancing.
*Required Documents for New Student Enrollment:
The following *documents must be on file for each NEW student to the Rankin County School District.
- Transcript from prior school (high school only)
- Current report card from prior school (elementary, middle, or high school)
- Completed enrollment form located here.
- Mississippi Immunization Form 121 (original from your doctor’s office)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Custody Papers (if parents are divorced or parent not listed on the birth certificate)
- Residency Documents.
- One from each group must be in the parent’s or guardian’s name:
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application Form
- Mortgage Documents or Property Deed
- Apartment or Home Lease/Rental Agreement (all occupants must be listed on the agreement and the agreement must be current) Note: Any unofficial lease/rental agreement (handwritten/computer generated must be notarized)
- A current utility bill in the parent’s name showing the service and street address. Current means it must be dated within the last 30 days.
- Electricity, Gas, Water, or Cable or Dish TV
- A “Special Affidavit of Residency” is required when a student resides with their parent or guardian in a home or apartment not owned or leased in the name of the parent or guardian. This form and the required documents that must accompany the form can be found by clicking this link. Approval of this type of documentation must be completed through the District Office. You will need to call 601-825-5590 and make an appointment with Tara Robinson.
After providing the necessary documents to the school, an email will be sent to the parent or guardian that contains a “snapcode”. This code will allow the parent or guardian to set up an online registration account and complete all other mandatory information online. The online registration portal will open on July 17, 2020.
Registration will not be considered complete until all required documents and other processes have been submitted to your child’s school.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time while we adjust our normal operations.