Returning Student Enrollment Procedures
Open online enrollment for RETURNING students to the Rankin County School District will begin on July 17, 2020. Any student who finished/completed the 19-20 school year enrolled in a Rankin County School is considered a RETURNING student.
Parents and Guardians,
We appreciate your patience as we have worked to modify our RETURNING student enrollment during these unprecedented times. Safety and Efficiency continue to be the driving force behind these new processes.
Please call your child’s school site to verify registration dates and registration processes. Having a set schedule and process will help limit the number of people on each campus in adherence to current health guidelines.
Please stay home if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, which include a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. We will be glad to discuss other options with you.
You must follow these steps if you must attend your student’s campus.
- Only one parent will be allowed on campus or in the school office during the registration process.
- Wear a face covering.
- Bring a pen to use.
- Practice social distancing.
*Required Documents for RETURNING Student Enrollment:
The following *documents must be on file for each RETURNING student to the Rankin County School District.
- Mississippi Immunization Form 121 (original from your doctor’s office). **Updated form for all incoming 7th graders.
- Custody Papers (if parents are divorced or parent not listed on the birth certificate)
IF YOUR ADDRESS HAS NOT CHANGED YOU WILL NOT NEED TO UPDATE YOUR RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS
(**Administrator discretion may apply in certain circumstances.)
This exemption is only for returning students who remain in their current address and only for the 2020-2021 school year.
If at any time during the 20-21 school year the student’s current address changes, you will need to notify the school and provide updated residency documents.
One from each group must be in the parent’s or guardian’s name:
- Filed Homestead Exemption Application Form
- Mortgage Documents or Property Deed
- Apartment or Home Lease/Rental Agreement (all occupants must be listed on the agreement and the agreement must be current) Note: Any unofficial lease/rental agreement (handwritten/computer generated must be notarized)
- A current utility bill in the parent’s name showing the service and street address. Current means it must be dated within the last 30 days.
- Electricity, Gas, Water, or Cable or Dish TV
- A “Special Affidavit of Residency” is required when a student resides with their parent or guardian in a home or apartment not owned or leased in the name of the parent or guardian. This form and the required documents that must accompany the form can be found by clicking this link.
Your student’s snapcode will be sent to you via the email address on record. The snapcode email will allow the parent or guardian to complete registration via the online portal. The online registration portal will open on July 17, 2020. To verify that your email address is current you will log into your PARENT PORTAL account and click on the SWIFT K12 link. This will allow you to update your contact information.
Registration will not be considered complete until all required documents and other processes have been submitted to your child’s school.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time while we adjust our normal operations.