Pre-K Application Process
If you or someone you know has a child who will be 4 years of age on or before September 1,
2019 and live in one of the school zones listed below; they may qualify for the free Pre-
Kindergarten Program offered by the Rankin County School District.
- McLaurin Elementary
- Pelahatchie Elementary
- Pisgah Elementary
- Puckett Elementary
- Richland Elementary School
Applications will be available at these schools on February 1, 2019 and are due back by March 8, 2019.
- Child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2019
- Child and family must live in the School Zone
- Child must be completely potty trained upon submission of application
Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into a Pre-K classroom. A student waiting list is maintained for those who are not a part of the original class make-up.
Items needed for a completed Pre-Kindergarten application packet
- State Certified Birth Certificate (MUST BE THE ORIGINAL)
- Certificate of Immunization Compliance Form 121
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Group I Proof of Residency: Homestead exemption, lease, mortgage OR property deed with current address on it.
- Group II Proof of Residency: Current utility bill dated within 30 days of enrollment. (Acceptable Bills include Electricity, gas, landline telephone, cable TV, satellite TV, and water bill).
Note: if an item is not provided, the Pre-K application process is considered incomplete and cannot be considered for the Pre-K class in the Rankin County School District.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS ARE DUE TO THE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE
Friday, March 8, 2019. Any applications received after this due date may not be accepted